Monday, May 6, 2013

Get What You Pay For

In an effort to increase revenue for my job, I created a free website.

I just got back from an amazingly informative meeting where I learned that my website is not good, at all, AND that it is hosted on a pretty nasty server full of unmentionable sites.  Which means that, to Google, I am affiliated with such filth.

Moral of the story, free is not always worth it.

As much as I dislike rough experiences, I have learned to love them.  I have learned so much today that it's kind of crazy.  I would not have learned such valuable information if it weren't for my own snafu.

I know a year ago this would have sent me into a tail spin of frustration.  I'm barely heading that off as we speak, but I find myself doing deep breathes and trying to see what I can do to fix the situation.

That's right, I am looking for solutions.  Looking for solutions, instead of complaining about my problems is a new habit of sorts.

That's what's happening today.  Tomorrow will be filled with solution seeking for my website, what more could a girl ask for?

So, for now, the website I created looks pretty but is foreign to Google.  A site under construction is better than no site at all, right?!




No comments:

Post a Comment